Last Updated on
Prognostic markers in pericarditis
Poor prognostic markers in pericarditis :
- Fever more than 38 degrees Centigrade
- Large pericardial effusion measuring more than 20 mm on echocardiography
- Presence of cardiac tamponade – it may be noted that tamponade need not be related to the size of effusion, rather with the rapidity of collection
- Lack of response to anti-inflammatory therapy in one week
- Chiabrando JG, Bonaventura A, Vecchié A, Wohlford GF, Mauro AG, Jordan JH, Grizzard JD, Montecucco F, Berrocal DH, Brucato A, Imazio M, Abbate A. Management of Acute and Recurrent Pericarditis: JACC State-of-the-Art Review. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020;75(1):76-92.